* reaffirming America’s commitment to existing federal laws and international treaties that ban torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment under all circumstances.
* renouncing all legal interpretations and executive orders that redefine torture and permit such acts as sensory and sleep deprivation, stress positions, sexual humiliation, and mock executions.
* enforcing full transparency of information about how America treats any and all detainees held by our personnel and those in our employ anywhere in the world.
* rejecting and abolishing the practice of rendering detainees abroad.
* establishing a single standard of interrogation procedures to apply to all persons held in U.S. custody or by those under U.S. control, whether C.I.A., military, or civilian.
* treating our detainees as we would have others treat detained Americans.
TOGETHER WE CAN HALT TORTURE.
STEP 1: Call each presidential candidate NOW.
INSIST: “No Torture. No Exceptions.”
Phone: (202) 224-2235 • Fax: (202) 228-2862
Phone: (202) 224-2854 • Fax: (202) 228-4260
Phone: (202) 224-4451 • Fax: (202) 228-0282
For more information, click here.
Thanks to The Guantanamo Blog / The Rag Blog