The New Journalism Project is a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit that publishes The Rag Blog, sponsors Rag Radio, and produces educational and community activities related to alternative progressive journalism.
Board of Directors:
- Sherwood Bishop, President
- Alice Embree, Secretary/Treasurer
- cindy soo
- Thorne Webb Dreyer
New Journalism Project
PO Box 16442
Austin TX 78761-6442
The Friends of New Journalism is a support group that coordinates volunteer efforts for The Rag Blog and for other activities sponsored by the New Journalism Project.
- Co-chair: Alice Embree
- Co-chair: Roger Baker
The Rag Blog (theragblog.com) is a reader-supported Internet newsmagazine produced by activist journalists committed to progressive social change. The Rag Blog is a digital-age rebirth of the pioneering underground newspaper, The Rag, published in Austin, Texas, from 1966-1977.
- Editor: Thorne Webb Dreyer
- Associate editor: Alice Embree
- Designer and contributing editor: James Retherford
- Contributing editor/National: Jonah Raskin
- Contributing editor/The Rag Blog en español: Cecilia Colomé
- Correspondents: Mariann G. Wizard, Lamar W. Hankins, Steve Russell, David P. Hamilton, Bruce Melton
- Web developer: Beth Been
- Web consultant: Terry Dyke
- Web consultant: Carlos Lowry
- Founding editor: Richard D. Jehn
Rag Radio (http://www.theragblog.com/rag-radio/) is a syndicated weekly radio show associated with The Rag Blog and the New Journalism Project. It is produced in the studios of KOOP 91.7-FM, a cooperatively-run all-volunteer community radio station in Austin, Texas.
- Host and producer: Thorne Dreyer
- Engineer and co-producer: Tracey Schulz
- Still photographer: Roger Baker
- Contributors: Alice Embree, Suzy Shelor, Glenn P. Smith