Join the One Resistance Rally and Protest Friday, January 20, from Auditorium Shores to the Capitol.
America faces a crisis. Donald Trump’s campaign promises threaten millions. We must rally, protest, organize, and support one another.
On Inauguration Day, we will gather to protest Donald Trump’s politics of fear and hate. This is a call to action to rally for justice and dignity for all. We’re rallying for civil rights, immigrants’ rights, reproductive rights, our environment, and good jobs, as well as justice and safety in all of our communities.
The march begins at 5 p.m., Friday, January 20, 2017, at Auditorium Shores, 900 W. Riverside Ave., Austin, and we’ll march up Congress Avenue to the Capitol to hold the rally.
(On Saturday, January 21, there will be a companion rally to the Women’s March on Washington from noon to 3 p.m. at the State Capitol. See the Women’s March on Austin for details.)
More information on One Resistance can be found on the Facebook event page: and the One Resistance website.
One Resistance is hosted by:
- American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee of Austin
- ATX Environmental Justice
- Austin 350.org
- Austin Central Labor Council
- Austin Democratic Socialists of America
- Austin Jewish Voices for Peace
- Austin Justice Coalition
- Austin Socialist Alternative
- Clean Water Action
- Education Austin
- Equality Texas
- Fight for 15 Texas
- Grassroots Leadership
- Las Comadres
- Lilith Fund for Reproductive Equality
- NAACP Austin
- NARAL Pro-Choice Texas
- National Women’s Political Caucus of Austin
- New Journalism Project
- Planned Parenthood Texas Votes
- Raza Roundtable
- Sierra Club Beyond Coal
- Sierra Club of Austin
- Texas AFT (American Federation of Teachers)
- Texas Alliance for Retired Americans, Austin Chapter
- Texas Civil Rights Project
- Texas Freedom Network
- The Rag Blog
- Third Coast Activist
- Workers Defense Action Fund
If your organization is interested in participating in the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. While political party participation is welcome, this event is nonpartisan and not affiliated with any political parties.
[Mark McKim is an educator, activist, and member of Austin Jewish Voice for Peace and the Austin Democratic Socialists of America. Mark is one of the over 100 activists helping plan and organize the One Resistance Trump Inauguration March and Rally.]